Marketplace Commission on Catch
Catch charges a commission on sales, which is determined on a category basis. Generally is around 5-20%.
AU$ 49.99 monthly store fees.
Payment Terms on Catch
Catch.com is really concerned about paying as fast as possible all their sellers.
Payment is done between 15 to 20 days (Order Acceptance + Shipping + 14 days).
Payment is released every Monday.
The eligibility for payment is based on the orders delivered.
A Warranty might be applied according to the history and performance of each seller.
Return Policy on Catch
International return can be tolerated, local return is better option.
No restriction for return within 14 days.
Sellers must pay for the returns if the product is defective.
Warrant period: 12 Month for new product, 6 months for refurbished.
Shipping Policy on Catch
You need to ship out within 2 days max and insert the tracking the same day.
The buyer won’t accept any additional fees like custom fees or any other fees.
Delivery Times for International sellers can be up to 10-15days
The tracking need to be inserted ONLY when the order is shipped.
Include the Catch ABN number below in your customs documents provided with each shipment: Australian Business Number (ABN): 22 149 779 939
In the customs section that requires you to specify whether GST has been paid, please input “Yes”
The first 100 orders are very important: Catch will test your performances, your quality and will get some Buyer feedback
Tracking Number: You need to generate a valid tracking number for each of your orders and fill it with the right carrier when confirming the shipping of the product. As a security, please add this tracking number in a message on the order.
Best Practice on Catch
To become a Successfull Seller on Catch
A successfull seller on Catch should combine the following criterias:
The popular categories are smartphones, sport goods, electronic, accessories.
Comments and description should be filled with the product.
The number of products inside your selectIon: the wider, the better
The content of your listing: insert texte, attractive pictures and bullet point for a quick overview of the product
The attractive price policy compared with similar products
The marketing tools on catch: e.g events planning, sellers on the home page, special program for membership.
Price settings: Catch will :
1. add 10% GST to the sale price of your products that are A$1,000 or less.
2. Collect the 10% GST from customers and remit it directly to the Australian Taxation Office.
Eg: if you want to sell the product for 1000A$, catch will automatically add 100A$ for you and sell for 1100 A$.
After Sales Service on Catch
You obligated to answer customer’s messages within 48 hours
You make a commitment to settle the customers complaints as quickly as possible
Please note your returns policy must align with the Australian Consumer Law
Mandatory to communicate in a professional level of English Language. Using Google Translate is strictly forbidden
Fight against Fraud and fake items
Counterfaits are strictly forbidden. In case of fake product, the order will be immediately refunded and the shop definitely deactivated.
In any case of fraudulent activity, the same actions will be taken.
It is not mandatory for you to provide an invoice to customers who request it, however, it is still good practice to provide customers with a general invoice for their goods.You should not show the amount of GST on any invoice or document that you provide to the customer. Catch will provide the customer with a separate document that outlines the amount of GST paid.
To Avoid Account Suspension on Catch
Catch can suspend your account anytime if they consider that your performance or if your product selection violate their general rules.
According to C2Corner’s experience, we believe that Catch can suspend your account for the following reason (not limitative):
The quality of your products or the Condition of your product does not match with your listing
Incident rate – must not exceed 12% of total orders.
Acceptance timeframe – the shop account average must not exceed 48hr.
Acceptance rate – must exceed 95%.
Message response – seller must respond to the customer within 48hr.
If your account is suspended on Catch
In case your account is suspended for the first time, you will need to understand the main reason of your suspension and ask for a reinstatement
Here is the process:
- Analyze clearly your datas an identify the main reasons of your suspension on Catch
- Analyze if you are able to improve the situation with some clear actions
- Set up your action plan internally and test it
- Write a clear action plan detailing the problems and the actions already implemented
Seller Eligibility – KYC On Catch
Catch KYC require the following documents to open a shop:
- Your Valid Company Business Registration official document
- A Valid scan of the owner’s ID or the owner’s Passeport
- Your European VAT Number
- Your Valid Phone Number. A representative of the marketplace might call you for a short interview
- A Valid and signed Statuts of Incorporation
The eligible products for Consumer Electronics sellers from overseas
- Genuine, new products
- Products must ship with an Australian compliant plug – Catch cannot accept products with international plugs (even if bundled with an Australian adapter) OR Catch will accept products that are shipped without any plug. (eg USB powered, Headphones)
- Products must be compliant with mandatory Australian safety standards, and compliance certificates will be requested during vetting
- Branded products
- Products that come with seller backed warranties, or are eligible for international manufacturer warranties
- Product competitively priced (including delivery costs) with major Australian retailers
The Main Datas of Catch
Largest online transaction platform in Australia.
Over 4.5 Million subscribers
Over 1.2 million active customers
4.4/5 AVG product rating
Over 100 million visits over the past 12 months
＞10k orders per day
Over 1 million users on our iOS shopping app in the past 12 months